Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Things I Learned in 2013

Over this Christmas break I've been reflecting over 2013, so much has happened in my life over this year. God has blessed me with a loving family and amazing friends, and I thought that my little lessons might be too much for a Facebook status, so I saw it as a good excuse to break out the old blog. 

Here are several things that I have learned over 2013.

2 0 1 3 ' S    L E S S O N S

-family is forever 

-graduating from high school was an incredible feeling 

-I loved being homeschooled 

-Ramon noddles are nasty no matter how you fix em 

-Jesus is faithful to His promises 

-everyone you encounter has a story and something they can teach you

-there's a huge difference between redneck and country 

-communication is extremely vital

-I seriously overpack for trips 

-puppies grow up

-love never fails

-Starbucks is overpriced, but I won't stop buying it

-every kids favorite PE game is sharks and minnows 

-what's one more cookie?

-I am not defined by what I can do 

-trust God in every situation 

-I don't like cats 

-I have a huge urge to travel 

-ain't is a word

-be intentional in all that you do 

-I am slightly competitive 

-alone time is needed time 

-Netflix is literally the best 

-there really is no place like home 

-check the weather before you go camping 

-Pinterest crafts and projects are not done by real people 

-transparency with others is important 

-your never too old for a coloring book 

-I am one of the only southerners who doesn't like sweet tea

-but I am a fan of some Cheerwine, so I think that makes up for it

-laughter is the best medicine

-God loves to restore people and relationships 

-I am directionally challenged 

-my mom is my hero 

-I love home cooked meals 

-I dislike the season of winter and the temperatures it brings

-never listen to fear 

-I love the Carolina's

-always think the best of yourself and others

-my sister is my best friend 

-I hate running

-The Lord rewards those who diligently seek Him

-so much can change in a short amount of time 

-life is so much fun!

-positive thoughts are the best thoughts 

-I adore people with accents 

-I like to be busy

-always push yourself outside of your comfort zone

-getting totally lost can be fun, and teach you a lot about yourself 

-I love God's presence 


There ya have it! Some of my top points from 2013! 
I learned so much this year, about myself, about The Lord, and about others. 
I'm so thankful for all the family and friends that are in my life right now. 
And I am so ready for 2014!

I'm gunna own it!! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment