Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 4 Update: Haiti!!

So we say with cofidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13:6

This is a little late. But yesterday was a different kind of day. It felt weird. But we went to the pastors conference in the morning and prayed for all the pastors there. It went great they are all very hungry to receive from God. It would be so difficult to be a pastor here. There's no money, the pastors here get robbed by gangs and their lives are in danger everyday. I think I really got a grasp on that yesterday. I started to realize that me just coming here, my life has been in danger every minute. God has protected us from so many potential dangerous situations. I'm not scared at all, I love the feeling of knowing my lives in danger but knowing that nothing can touch me! Ya know? No weapon formed against me will prosper. So I'm not afraid. It's great! So that afternoon we didn't get to do outreach on the streets, there was apparently gangs looking for us. Actually I think I got a vision or something about what was going to happen if we went out on the streets and it was bad. I found out later that several other team members knew we shouldn't go. We were waiting for the sound truck and the fliers and the interpreters and nothing ever came together. So it wasnt supposed to happen. God was protecting us and warning us not to go. So that afternoon we were under some heavy security. I thank God for our security guards. They know what's happening all the time man. So we got to the crusade that night and while Todd was preaching he started to get words of knowledge for people in the crowds and some miracles started happening. But there seemed to be a heavy resistance in the air. I couldn't figure it out fully, but it was really hard when we were praying for people it seemed like we were fighting against this brick wall or something. We were praying our hearts out on the grounds and I started to get discouraged personally and oppressed because I wasn't seeing anything happen. And the night before miracles were popping left and right. But I found out later it wasn't just me. It was a night of spiritual warfare. So we were praying and all of a sudden my interpreter told me to get on the stage like now! He was pushing me through the crowd, it was so hard to get through. All the people wanted prayer so desperately. So we got on stage and then they took us back into the church and onto the bus. Apparently some gang people were climbing the walls of the compound? We got back to the hotel safely and had a great rest of the night o fellowship. I'm so glad our God is more powerful than any gang, and any weapon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ashley. I've been thinking of you and praying for you everyday. You are such a blessing to the people of Haiti, but not only there.... you are a blessing to a few people in Elizabethtown, too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete