Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 2-Haiti!

Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

Today was a lot of fun! We ate some buffet breakfast and went over to the compound where we will be having the crusades (starting tomorrow!) and we prayed for all the people waiting for medical care from the medical missionaries that were serving there. Then, we came back to the hotel for lunch and went back to the compound to hand out fliers on the streets to the people letting them know about the crusades and inviting them to come. So they had this truck with speakers on the back of it playing Christian music and a few preachers were on the back with a microphone talking to the people. Sober were handing out fliers and me and Victoria starte dancing a little bit and all of a sudden kids started like mobbing us! It was crazy! But so fun. There was so many kids that wanted to hold our hands and dance with us. I soon had kids holding both my hands and some holding my arms and a couple with their arms around my waist it was crazy! It was fun though. So far it was my favorite time. Afterwards we went to the airport to pick up the evangelist of Fresh Fire Ministries. Sober picked him up and came back to the hotel for dinner. I had grilled goat again. I must say It wasn't nearly as good as last night! It was so tender and eatable last night. Tonight it was very tough and dry. Someone told me it was probably last nights goat. I was like about to gag. So our day was super fun! I have a lot of kids now;) they love for you to take their picture and they always want to hold your hand. Sometimes they'll get a little possessive over you. Tomorrow starts the crusades! It's gonna be great!:)

2 comments:

  1. The passage at the beginning of this post is Nehemiah 8:10. And sober means *so we. My iPod corrects my spelling wrong a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having an amazing time :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete