Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My First Post!:)

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands." -Psalm 138:8
I've been meaning to getting around to start a blog for a while now I could just never settle on a topic. There's a world of possibilities to blog about. So i thought i could use this as my "missions diary". This Sunday I'll be taking off for Haiti on a missions trip for a week! I'm so excited and i can't wait to see how the Lord is going to speak to me while I'm there. He has definately put a burden on my heart for the nations and i love it! Last summer i took off for my first missions trip, and first time out of the country, actually to Mexico! I loved Mexico...the culture was so different! The people were so hospitable and welcoming. I learned a lot about trusting God to take care of my every need and  I realized that He is my source. Not my job, not people, not money. God alone is my source and He will always provide for me, and He has shown me this time after time.


TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING; IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, AND HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT -PROVERBS  3:5-6                                                                                   

He actually had to remind me again when I heard about this Haiti trip. I was kind of quick to get worried about how I was going to be able to pay for it and all that. But He showed me again to not worry, to put all my trust in Him and He would provide. And sure enough He has! But anyway, that was the main thing I learned. So I will be going to Haiti with Fresh Fire ministries and we are doing crusades every night. We will be preaching the good news of Jesus to these people that have hardly anything. A devastating earthquake hit this small country a few years ago and their land is basically destoyed! So many people are living in homeless camps still. We are going to be praying for people with sicknesses and diseases and I'm ready to see God heal! Cuz our Lord is the Great Physician! It's gonna be awesome! I will post updates!:)                                                                        


"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has annointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who greive in Zion-to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." -Isaiah 61:1-3   

1 comment:

  1. Sounds AWESOME! :) I'm glad you finally started this thing! :) Next post = HONDURAS! lol I'm so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete