Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hello, Beautiful.

Four Percent.

This statistic is crazy and blows my mind. Four percent of woman around the world consider themselves to be beautiful. That's it.
I came across this subject yesterday when I saw a video made by Dove, who conducted a social experiment to see how women view themselves. The results are crazy!

A former forensic artist for the San Jose department met with and asked a group of women to describe to him the way they look. They were separated by a curtain, and he asked them specific questions, and wanted detailed explanations of their hair length, the structure of their face, and their best and worst features. While asking the questions he drew each of the women according to their explanation of themselves.
Before the study was conducted each women was asked to get to know one of the other women in the group, then describe this other women's features in detail to the forensic artist. Just like they did for themselves.
After the sketches are over, the artist brings in the women and shows them two sketches, the one that they helped him draw, and the other one how the other woman viewed them.

Definitely watch the video below! The impact is amazing!





Why do we view ourselves so critically? I know I do it all the time, judging every little feature about myself that doesn't fit the perfect image of how I think I should look. And then feeling self conscience about myself, what I wear, and always wanting to always "fit in".
Why do we let the latest fashions, and magazines determine how we feel about ourselves?
And why do we let that runway model make us feel insecure in our body and dissatisfied with our figure and complexion.

The Bible has lots to say about this topic.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
                                                                                                    -Ecclesiastes 3:11

God didn't create any junk! He didn't create anything to be ugly! He has made everything, that means us too, BEAUTIFUL!

 Song of Solomon 4:7 says,
        "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."

Even when your hair is all crazy and you smell bad, and you feel ugly. Or when your sick, or having a terrible day, the Lord still sees you as His gorgeous child.

And guess what? You were beautiful to Him before you were even born!


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand-- when I awake, I am still with you."
 
                                                                                  -Psalm 139:13-18

He formed you and knit you together, He loves each tiny detail about you! His thoughts are precious towards you, He thinks about you all the time, and He is crazy about you! Don't criticize yourself.


Are you convinced yet? Realize and believe that, YOU. ARE. BEAUTIFUL.







No comments:

Post a Comment