Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Words Have Power

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us the most. We ask ourselves, " Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?" Actually, "Who are we not to be?" You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. We are born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence "automatically" liberates others.
-Marianne Williams (A Return to Love)

I haven't posted in like FORVER!! So I thought it'd be a good time for an update. Today I wanted to write about something that God's been speaking to me about lately.
I'll start by telling you about a dream I had a few days ago. It's not very long, but I felt like it was pretty powerful, at least to me.
It started with me and a couple of friends and we were hiking. So while we were enjoying our hike, we suddenly see all these tornadoes and those little twisters forming in the air, tons and tons of them began to form. At first I did feel a little afraid because we were on this mountain with no shelter, but my friend started to speak to these twisters, so I joined in with her, and we began to 'call out the good in these storms' and tell them that they would not be destructive, and telling them that they wouldn't hurt or harm anyone. As we were speaking they started to get smaller and smaller, then they'd disappear! It was just such an amazing dream, because I could feel God's presence and the authority that He has given us, and when I was speaking and declaring over the storm, I was like this is what we're supposed to be doing! God's given us authority and power in our words, we can change circumstances and atmospheres just with our words!
It made me think of Romans 8:18-19
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed."
Creation is waiting for us to come to the realisation that we are the sons and daughters of the living God, and understand the power that we have!
In Proverbs 18:21 it says,
"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat it's fruit."
God created the world with words, and He created us in His image which means we can create as well with our words.
So lately I've been speaking over myself and my life and just declaring the promises of God over myself, it really does work!! We are children of God!! Our home is heaven! We're not supposed to be suffering through our days, hating life. Our daddy is the Creator of the universe!!
So I'm gonna include some declarations that I speak over myself, if you'd like to do the same.

I am crucified with Christ
I am accepted in the Beloved
I am alive with Christ
I am a new creature in Christ
I am redeemed by the blood
I am forgiven of all my sins
I am alive with Christ
I am complete with Christ
I am a joint heir with Jesus
I am free from condemnation
I am justified by faith
In Christ, only the new creation means anything
Jesus has created One New Man and that New Man is in union with Christ
I am a New Man in complete union with Christ
I have put off the old man and his lifestyle
I am renewed in the Spirit of my mind
I have put on the new man which is created in righteousness and true holiness after the likeness of God Himself
I am the light of the world
I am loved
I am chosen
I am victorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment