Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 1

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. "Because henhouse me," says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation."
-Psalm 91:11-16
Today we landed in Haiti around 9:30 I think. It was about a two hour flight. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not too fond of airplanes. In my first two flights I was sittin next to two like professional flyers who the whole time were laughing at me because when the plane hits those airpocket things I kinda freak out. The first flight I was next to a lady who had been in the military for 20 years and is now retired, she was very nice. The second flight I was in between these two guys that were kinda on the bigger side. It was a little awkward. One of the guys is a weather man, he does the weather for the Bahamas and Cuba I think. The other guy spoke Spanish and slept the whole time so I don't know who he was. Then I got to the Miami airport and waited there to meet a lady on our missions team cuz we were sharing a hotel room. She's my 'missions mom' for the week! And she's awesome! So we stayed in this interesting hotel for the night. I slept like a rock. No joke. Then we woke up at about 6am and went to the airport, met the rest of the team and took off for our flight! So now we are in Haiti! I didn't really get to see much yet. I've seen a lot of goats and a lot of trash but I haven't seen much of the city yet. So tonight we are gonna take a tour of the city and go pray over the church where we are having the crusades. Of course later we are having dinner! Guess what I'm getting?! GRILLED GOAT!! and for dessert potato pudding with syrup. It should be an interesting experience!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment