Sunday, February 19, 2012

Faith > Fear

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes in their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well. "
Mark 16:15-18

When I was thinking about going to Haiti I got attacked by so much fear! People would come up to me and tell me stuff that if I would've dwelled on those thoughts I wouldn't be leaving the country. Haha! I had some tell me about people they knew that had gotten killed in Haiti and I had people ask me why I'd ever willingly go to such a dangerous and poor place. And also cholera is running rampant in their water system at the moment and so many people have died from it in the past year. And there's all the crime and killings down there. And then theres all the travel fears with airplanes and stuff. And I felt this spirit of fear all of a sudden and I almost backed out of the trip! Then God gave me peace about it and I remembered all these verses about not fearing and we will walk on serpents and drink poison and it won't harm us. And greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! I thought, wait a minute!! God is SOO much bigger than cholera and airplanes. God is so much bigger than fear, death, crime!! Everything must bow at His feet! Even sickness! Cholera has NO chance against my God. And no weapon formed against me shall prosper! I said no to that spirit of fear! God isn't gonna call me into something for me to get sick or die! He's gonna be with me protecting me every step of the way! That's a huge way the enemy comes against people is by planting fear in their minds! This was one of the other things Gods been talking to me about. Anyway I am super excited about this trip! I'm flying to Miami today and getting the adventure of switching flights! This should be fun! And tomorrow morning we fly out of Miami to Haiti!!
Watch out devils! Haiti is about to be invaded with Heaven!:) 
Another thing God has been speaking to me about is His voice. I used to think God never spoke to me and it was myself. But God told me, yes, Ashley I do speak to you! All the time actually! God wants and longs for us to hear His voice speaking 24/7! His voice isn't for a select few people to hear like preachers or missionaries. It's for everybody! And we need to listen up and get in tune with His voice! He is speaking! 

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I can't wait to see what God is going to do on this trip!

    ReplyDelete